jim's blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Blood Orchid: Obtained

Yeah, I won! Downloaded Anacondas 3D Adventure Game before the release of the movie, I just installed it two days ago. I completed the mission of hunting Blood Orchid, but I actually messed up the game by not following the creators' planned storyline. This game does have cutscene bugs, which may be due to the purpose of this game as a demo to the movie (hopefully not the other way round). There are other illogical "game features", but after all, it's just a game, so I'm not mentioning them out here.

Game started at the waterfall, where the boat crashed. A few steps ahead, I found my other four team members. This is a team game (not multiplayer though). I got to control a character at a time while other characters were controlled by AI bot. The team members are only needed by players who are new to this game. The more members, the stronger, you think? True. But since this game is about hunting for treasures, the function of team members is just to protect the player while he/she is searching hard for tiny-small treasures throughout the maze-liked map (I actually got lost many times because the Draw Distance option was set to the lowest). In other words, team members are not needed if the locations are known; they can be left at the crash site. In fact, besides completing some objectives, maybe a single treasure item can bring victory. That is the Prototype Potion. Unfortunately, I forget where I found this item. All a player needs to do is get this potion, drink it, run to the location of Blood Orchid (can be seen on map), kill a guy, run back to Naga Rock, and avoid all spiders and snakes along the way. The player can run slowly but has to make sure not to be bitten by any spiders (or, this game will become a Spider-Man 3D Adventure Game, huh?). If not confident enough, then the player can play as Fiona since she runs the fastest. And that's all. No team members, no actual use of firearm and medic kits, no resupply -- mission accomplished.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home