jim's blog

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Stefanie Sun in KL

Last night (a while ago), Yanzi came to KL to promote her new music album at Boulevard Plaza Low Yat by singing a few new songs and giving away her autograph to hundreds of her fans who bought or had just bought her new CD. Her previous return/visit to Malaysia to meet her fans was said to be in 2003. I'm not sure about this.
I reached there at about 7:30PM, and the announced starting time was 8:00PM. So, I took my first picture of the empty and dim stage. I was standing in the DotRed Zone. In front of me was the VIP Zone for those with CDs and tickets. There was nothing for me to do except waiting for half an hour to pass.
8 past 8. The crowd, especially of the fan clubs, started to yell her name. For a few times they did, and I thought she would appear very soon, but still no one came out. While waiting patiently, I already finished listening to her entire album which was repeatedly played. The wait was not over until...
Ha!!! No, this is not Yanzi. She was Vivian. A boring talk went on for quite some minutes. Then we were wanted to sing the Yanzi's new song, "完美的一天" ("A Perfect Day", a relaxing song). Some RedBox gifts were given to some lucky singers.
And then Yanzi finally came out -- from the mist. And again we yelled.
The first song she sang was "完美的一天". We were wanted to sing with her. In fact, we were also wanted to sing with her for the following two songs. I did sing, of course. I had already learned some of the lyrics before coming to this event. It was fun to sing with the real person.
Singing "完美的一天"...
Singing "完美的一天"...
"完美的一天" ended, and Vivian went up to the stage again. I don't remember what conversation we had then.
Yanzi started to sing "眼淚成詩", a slow song.
This is Yanzi singing "眼淚成詩".
The last song of the night (or not), as asked by the fans, was "第一天", a fast song. That was the moment when most people got high. It was also raining a little while she was singing this song.
Singing "第一天"...
Singing "第一天"...
Singing "第一天"... So high...
Singing "第一天"...
Singing "第一天"...
The singing ended with many fans, including me, longing for more songs, but that was no concert, and besides, it was raining and there were simply too many people waiting for Yanzi's autograph.
"If you support Yanzi, buy her original CDs"-kind of things...
And what's this? Well, someone blocked the sight. My camera was slow. I had her in my frame when I clicked on my camera, but the shot was taken only after a second or so. I don't remember who this guy was.
Autograph session. Same problem of sight block. Yanzi was under the umbrella.
She was busy signing for her fans.
There goes a suicide "rope"... Haha. She was still signing...
Can you see this "rope" clearly now? God, why on earth would I take such a shot. Still signing...
This picture was taken from the other side. Sorry for the same problem again.
The autograph session started at about 9:00PM, and now it was 9:25PM, and there were still many fans queueing for an autograph. When do you think she would finish singing all? Maybe 10:00PM. Maybe 10:30PM. I was not waiting for this to finish. So I left early. I don't know anything that happened later.
The crowd was slowly becoming smaller.
Tonight, Yanzi will be doing the same thing at Gurney Plaza, Garden Area, Penang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home